- 2016 - present: Assistant Professor at Iowa State University
- 2015 - 2016: NSF MRSEC Postdoc at University of Minnesota with Prof. Rafael Fernandes
- 2012 - 2015: Head of independent Young Investigator Group at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- 2011 - 2015: Postdoc at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) with Prof. Joerg Schmalian
- 2011: Ph.D. at Yale University, advisor Prof. Karyn Le Hur. Title "Dissipative dynamics and novel quantum phases in strongly correlated cold-atom mixtures"
- 2007: Diploma in Physics and Otto-Haxel Prize for Best Diploma at Heidelberg University, Germany. Title "Negative Refraction in dense atomic gases"
Summary of Research Interests
- strongly correlated quantum materials
- non-equilibrium dynamics of quantum many-body systems
- competing interactions in magnetic and superconducting systems
- interacting topological phases and graphene.
Selected Recent Publications and Preprints:
Peter P. Orth, Rafael M. Fernandes, Jeff Walter, C. Leighton, B. I. Shklovskii
Percolation via combined electrostatic and chemical doping in complex oxide films
Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 106801 (2017).
Julia M. Link, Peter P. Orth, Daniel E. Sheehy, and Jörg Schmalian
Universal collisionless transport of graphene
Phys. Rev. B 93, 235447 (2016).
Patrik Hlobil, Peter P. Orth
Luminescence and squeezing of a superconducting light-emitting diode
Phys. Rev. B 91, 205303 (2015).
Bhilahari Jeevanesan, Premala Chandra, Piers Coleman, Peter P. Orth
Emergent Power-Law Phase in the 2D Heisenberg Windmill Antiferromagnet: A Computational Experiment
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 177201 (2015).
Mathias S. Scheurer, Stephan Rachel, Peter P. Orth
Dimensional crossover and cold-atom realization of topological Mott insulators
Sci. Rep. 5, 8386 (2015).